Last week, I wrote to you about potentially welcoming Year 10 students back in to Horizon Community College for their learning at some point after the May half term holiday.
As I explained, we have to wait for confirmation from the Government first that it is safe to do this. This announcement is expected on Thursday 28th May.
I will therefore be writing to you on Monday 1st June, explaining what the college intends to do. We will hopefully be able to provide a detailed plan for Year 10 students; how this will work and how we will do all we can to ensure the safety of staff and students. However, I do need to remind you that whatever we put into place, we will not be able to completely control any risk and whilst we will reduce this risk as much as we can by following the Government and other guidance, it will not be zero.
Please be aware that we are now planning for a return date, initially for Year 10 students, no earlier than Monday 15th June (pending Government advice).
The information provided on the 1st June will enable you to make an informed decision about whether you wish your child to return to college. At this point we will therefore ask Year 10 parents/carers to confirm whether their child will be requiring a place in college.
It is our intention to continue the current home learning provision for all students not returning to college at this time.
Thank you to all the parents and carers who have already been so helpful with their comments and suggestions, and for all your continued support during these difficult and unprecedented times.