From our interaction with Parents and Carers, we believe that some of you would welcome support and advice in a number of areas concerning the wellbeing of your children. As a response to this we have decided to add a new area to the Parent Hub.

The following websites provide information on a range of issues concerning young people.

If you require any other advice please don’t hesitate to contact the School teams via by clearly stating the name of your child and the Year group.

Anxiety, Depression, Negative thoughts

If you require information and advice on mental health issues for young people, the following can help: Mindspace offer sessions in School

You can get in touch with Barnsley Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) using their Single Point of Access (SPA) by calling01226 644819 or dropping in to their centre Mon-Fri 9am-5pm at the New Street Health Centre.

Exam stress or School work related stress

School work and exams can be a challenging aspect of school life. To help ease the stress, access advice through;

Drugs and Alcohol

Confidential and friendly advice can be accessed through the Talk to Frank website –

There is also a confidential online chat and free helpline where you can speak to a trained drugs counsellor by calling 0300 123 6600

Online Safety

For tips on ensuring internet safety visit or

If you or someone else are upset due to issues online, contact Childline on 0800 1111


Help and advice for families in a digital world can be accessed through Parentinfo. This contains articles, expert advice and resources to help parents and carers keep up with what their children are doing online.

Eating disorders

For information, advice and support on a young person’s relationship with food get in touch with SYEDA (South Yorkshire Eating Disorders Association) through;

Puberty, Sex and Relationships

Advice on how to speak to children about puberty, sex and relationships can be accessed at the Family Planning Association;

Sexual Exploitation

If you have concerns a young person is being sexually exploited, contact; PACE (Parents against child sexual exploitation)

BSARCs (Rape and abuse) 01226320140

Police emergency 999 112, non-emergency 101 or report it online at


For reliable information on bullying contact; Childline or 0800 1111 or

NSPCC – or 0808 800 5000


If you or a young person have been affected by crime you can be supported by

You don’t have to have reported the crime to the Police to gain this support.

Extremism and Radicalisation

Practical advice on how to protect young people from radicalisation or extremism can be accessed via;

Other useful contacts;

Samaritans – 116 123 (Call for free)

Missing people – 116 000 (Call or text for free from mobiles or landlines)

NHS direct – 111

South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue – 0114 2727202

National rail enquiries – 0345 7484950