To apply for a place at Horizon Community College
For Standard admissions at the point of secondary transfer:
Details are available in the Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council booklet ‘Admission to secondary school – a guide for Parents’ and online by clicking here
If your child is currently in a primary school in the Barnsley area there are two ways to apply:
- Complete the application form and return it to the Headteacher of your child’s primary school.
- Apply online by logging on to the Barnsley Authority website (as per link above) and follow the instructions.
- Horizon Community College provides places for young people between the age of 11-16.
- Our arrangements for selection are handled by the Local Authority
- Our over subscription criteria is also handled by the Local Authority
If you live outside the Barnsley Authority or would like to transfer your child into a year group other than Year 7, or at a time other than at the standard secondary transfer point (ie within year, including Year 7), please contact Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council’s Admission Department (01226 773677) to obtain the appropriate application form.